Today a mate of mine sent me a link to the twitter account @writersbootcmp.
There’s an interesting initiative on there where you basically “Commit to write and post in 60 minutes every day during July 2014”. They provide a topic everyday and you write. So I thought to myself, I been too busy (read: lazy) to write of late so why not take on this challenge. So, without further ado, the first @writersbootcmp topic is:
Even if you know me well, you don’t know this
I figured I’d take the easy way out and just scribble a list of things you probably don’t know about me…even if you know me well…Hi Mom…wife…Jesus. Eeek.
* Please note, I’ve conferred with my lawyer (my cousin who’s repeating 1st year Law…via distance learning) and he has (un)reliably informed me that I can not be prosecuted for any of the following confessions:
1. I sometimes call 10111…that’s 911 for our American friends (and also the avid moviegoers among us) just to tell them a joke to brighten up their day.
2. Every time I cross a border by land, I’m so tempted to do it illegally even though I have the necessary documentation. Just to see if I can get away with it.
3. I sometimes recycle gifts. In fact, I once gave someone a Valentine’s day gift that I’d got from someone else….earlier that day.
4. When I was younger (two weeks ago), I thought Costa Rica was a city in the USA. But when I got older (a week later), I realised I may have been confusing it with Puerto Rico.
5. Just realised Puerto Rico is also not a city in the USA.
6. My favourite TV show is Air Crash Investigation. I always get so excited when a new season is announced…then I realise it means more plane crashes. Oops. And when I fly, I sometimes wish the plane crashes and I survive just so I can be on an episode of Air Crash Investigation…how morbid.
7. Everytime someone says “soccer”, I want to take a megaphone to their ear and scream “IT’S FOOTBALL, YOU PANSY!!!”…and that time, I don’t even know what a pansy is. Probably someone who says “soccer” instead of “football”.
8. Sometimes when a white person asks me my name, I make up the weirdest word just to see their facial expressions. “Yes Dave, that’s Qhexheqabe…with a silent X.”
9. I’ve always wanted to jump into a cab and shout “follow that car”. A few months ago, I did. It was a bit of an anticlimax coz the driver just said “why?” in the dullest, most non-action movie voice you can imagine.
10. Even if you know me well, you dont know this: The Theory of Quantum Entanglement. Or maybe you do know the QE theory…in which case, move along nerd, there’s nothing to see here. ☺
* just scribbling stuff you didn’t know about me*
Posted from WordPress for Android